Donald Altman, M.D. has been practicing in Irvine, California since 1986. His primary focus is cosmetic surgery, as well as non-invasive rejuvenation treatments. Specific inquiries may be directed to his email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. Altman is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and the American Board of Otolaryngology — Head and Neck Surgery.
Clinical Appointments and Membershp:
- Chairman Department of Surgery, Irvine Regional Hospital and Medical Center, January 2009 (hospital closure)
- Vice Chairman Department of Surgery, Irvine Regional Hospital and Medical Center, 2007 – 2009
- Chief of Plastic Surgery at Irvine Medical Center (hospital) 1998 – 2007
- President, Orange County Plastic Surgery Society 2000 – 2002
- Member, American Society of Plastic Surgeons, Inc.
- California Society of Plastic Surgeons, Inc.
Education and Training:
- Oberlin College, 1971 – 1974 Bachelor of Arts degree
- University of Michigan, Spring Semester 1971
- Harvard University summer school 1972 and 1973
- University of Illinois School of Medicine 1974 – 1978 M.D. degree.
- Northwestern University Medical School, residency training in General Surgery 1978 – 1980.
- Northwestern University Medical School, residency training: Otolaryngology – Head and Neck Surgery, 1980 -1983.
- University of California Irvine School of Medicine, residency training in Plastic Surgery, 1983 – 1985.
- Aesthetic surgery fellowship, Santa Ana, California, 1985 with Bruce Connell, M.D.
- Pediatric plastic surgery fellowship, Spring 1986, Children’s Hospital, Akron, Ohio with James Lehman, M.D.
- Kellogg School of Management, Northwestern University, Executive M.B.A. 1999 – 2001
Licensure and Hospital Privileges:
Hospital Staff Privileges to perform plastic surgery:
- Irvine Medical Center, Irvine, California
- Western Medical Center Santa Ana, California
- Hoag Hospital Presbyterian, Newport Beach, California.
Dr. Altman and his patients have been featured on six different programs for The Discovery Channel, Discovery Health Channel, and The Learning Channel since 1998. The current episode, Plastic Surgery Before and After features a patient who has multiple body contouring procedures after massive weight loss. Dr. Altman is a member of Allergan’s National Educational Board for teaching the use of Botox.